How long do I have to wait for the product I ordered?
OFS products are all made by hand with a great attention to detail and normally take 4-6 weeks to be completed. Sometimes when there is a high volume of orders, it can be a 6-8 week turn around. If thats the case, we will communicate that your order is coming in when there is a long list ahead. Lastly, we block out 2 months of the year to dedicate to designing new Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter looks and producing those wholesale orders. This may add an additional 4 weeks to your order timeline but will be communicated to you at the time of order.
What is the cutoff date for placing holiday orders?
Typically, we cut off holiday orders October 15 to allow for 8 weeks of production time so your orders ready in time for gift giving.
Who makes OFS clothes?
Currently, everything is designed and made by OFS owner, Cassandra Bailey. From pattern drafting to sewing to button making, every single garment passes through Cassandra's hands.
What size should I order?
The best way to ensure a perfect fit is to take your own measurements and reference our custom sizing charts here.
I'm between sizes how do I know which to order?
Again, the best way to be sure of a perfect fit is to take all of your measurements. For pants, be sure to send the measurements of the circumference of where you want the pants to sit on your waist, the circumference of the widest part of your hips, as well as the inseam from your crotch to where you want the pants to hang on your ankle. Similarly for jackets get the length of sleeve, cross back, cross chest, centre front length, and centre back length. See sizing charts here.
I want to order a product for someone as surprise and don't know what size to get them?
Similarly to the answer above, the best thing to do is to send us the measurements. For example if the gift you are giving is a hat, do some research into the person's favourite hat and send us the dimensions of it so we can assess what OFS sizing will fit best.
What colours do you have available for specific products?
We have many colours available for our products in both oilcloth / waxed cotton and denims and twills. See our wide variety of options on our materials pages here. Be sure to click through all the material categories on the left side page of the website.
What colours do you have available for stitching?
See all of our high quality thread options here.
I want to order something custom, how does that work?
The custom process happens in 4 stages:
1. Deposit online or in person.
2. Consultation where we take measurements, discuss design choices including material colour, hardware, etc.
3. In person fitting and finalization of custom details.
4. Pickup of finished garment, payment in complete, and photo documentation.
See our custom info and archive here.
How do I re-wax my product?
The following instructions are for tin wax that is the consistency of vaseline NOT Fjällräven bar wax you may get other wise:
1. Clean first with cold water. Either do a cold water soak with a soft bristle brush and soap or you can use a hose with light pressure.
2. Hang garment to dry for at least 24 hours.
3. To re-wax use the wax provided by OFS or a wax that has a similar consistency to vaseline.
4. With the heat of your hand, massage the wax evenly to all fabric surfaces with special attention to the seams. Do not use a sponge unless you are a professional as this turns out splotchy.
5. Hang for another 24 hours for the material to absorb wax.
6. After 24 hours if any areas aren't even, you can take a hair dryer at medium heat and warm up the wax again to spread.
7. The first week after a re-wax your product will look shinier, greasier, and darker but will slowly patina again.
Absolutely do not:
How do I care for and clean my OFS product?
-After being out in the rain, hang your oil cloth or waxed cotton product to dry so the water drips off
-Store in a cool dry place between seasonal use
-See re-waxing and care instructions above
-Hand wash without soap by bringing your raw denim product into shower or bath. Do this every 6 months. You can also use a gentle bristle brush to clean the dirt out of denim fibre weave
-If you don't want to hand wash your raw denim product you can also put it in the freezer to kill bacteria and stink. However, for the care of the cloth we suggest hand washing.
-Machine cold wash
-Hang to dry
For roughly 3/4 inch shrinking length and width wise:
-Machine cool wash
-Medium heat dry
Check the care label in your garment for wash and care instructions